Scientist (m/w/d) Purification and Analytics Join our international and multidisciplinary team
Octapharma Biopharmaceuticals GmbH a subsidiary of the Octapharma group founded in 1997 is a successful and expanding biotech company in Heidelberg. Our core business is the development of recombinant proteins produced in human cell lines for therapeutic use in humans.
We are looking for:
A Scientist (m/f/d) to join the group R&D Purification and Analytics III – Biophysics as part of our Research and Development Department. The candidate will join a motivated team of biologists, biochemists and biotechnologist and will focus on the development of purification strategies for a wide range of biomolecules. Equipped with a scientific mindset, good laboratory practice and a focus on automation and systematic, high throughput methodology our team develops and optimizes purification processes in the context of downstream process (DSP) development. Additionally, we experimentally support our lead discovery platform to identify novel drug candidates. To reach our goals, we are embedded in a tight collaborative network within our R&D department as well as GMP pilot plant. The position is available at the next possible date at our site in Heidelberg.
What you will be doing:
- Development, optimization and scale-up of protein purification strategies for a wide range of biomolecules
- Implementation and development of innovative and automated screening protocols for protein chromatography using liquid handling systems
- Handling of a variety of state-of-the-art laboratory equipment
- Evaluation and documentation of results and presentation of scientific data in internal and external meetings
- Supporting technology transfer of downstream processes to our pilot plant
- Supporting the generation of SOPs, risk assessments and related documents
- Researching and presentation of scientific literature
Your profile that will convince us:
- You are creative and eager to independently solve scientific challenges combining structured and conceptual thinking with a proactive work ethic. You are constantly seeking new scientific input and enjoy coordinating your efforts with your team colleagues. Your open and friendly communication skills as well as scientific excellence will help to foster the welcoming and scientific working atmosphere in our group
- You have a strong background in biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular biology or equivalent as well as an extensive documented record of protein biochemistry / analytics experience
- You hold a PhD degree and have DSP experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or are a postdoctoral researcher in a protein-biochemistry / immunology / structural biology laboratory
- You possess skills in handling and purifying challenging protein targets and hands-on experience in respective methods (filtration, chromatography); operating FPLC systems is required for the position
- You are familiar with using protein structures to guide your experimental design and interpretation
- You spend time thinking about optimizing and automating your daily workflow to perform the experiment that will make the difference
- Ideally, you are experienced in laboratory automation (liquid handling robotics) and “Design-of-experiment” (DOE) planning, execution, and evaluation
If this is you, don’t hesitate to apply!
What we have to offer:
- You will become a member of a motivated team aspiring to change the biologics landscape with scientific excellence
- A welcoming and scientific work atmosphere
- Wide range of tasks in a cooperative setting, flexibility and personal responsibility
- A permanent position in a dynamically growing company
- A modern – state of the art – working environment
- Flexible working hours
How to apply: please apply via web portal only.
Simone Maciej – Personalreferentin
Tel: (0)6221 –
Key facts about Octapharma Headquartered in Lachen, Switzerland, Octapharma Group is one of the largest human protein products manufacturers in the world and has been committed to patient care and medical innovation for 30 years. Our core business is the development, production and sale of human proteins from human plasma and human cell-lines. Patients in over 100 countries are treated with products in the therapeutic areas Haematology, Immunotherapy and Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine. Octapharma owns five state-of-the-art production facilities in Austria, France, Germany, Sweden and Mexico. For more information visit
Scientist (m/w/d) Purification and Analytics Festanstellung Vollzeit Octapharma Biopharmaceuticals GmbH Heidelberg Chemie,Pharma,Weitere: Chemie, Pharma & Medizin Biotechnologie,Naturwissenschaften,Entwicklung Festanstellung Vollzeit Mit Berufserfahrung Octapharma Biopharmaceuticals GmbH ist ein 1997 gegründetes, erfolgreich expandierendes Biotechnologie-Unternehmen und eines der Tochterunternehmen der Octapharma AG. Unsere Kernkompetenz liegt in der Forschung und Entwicklung von humanen Zelllinien zur Herstellung rekombinanter Arzneimittel.